Something In The Water.

The title of this blog was inspired by conversations that I've had with people from Memphis and even people from other parts of the world that would describe the sounds of southern punk and hardcore. When ever I listen to a band like Copout, or His Hero Is Gone, that conversation comes up.

This blog is dedicated to all bands from Little Rock and Memphis (although all other bands from the south maybe discussed). In my humble opinion Little Rock and Memphis hardcore/punk bands have rarely been talked about or seen. If you are in one of the bands and have stories or pictures to add let me know. A lot of the music that is posted is out of print, but if you ever find it buy it. I do not make any money off of this, this is to turn people on to stuff that has never really gotten much recognition. If you are in one of the bands and have a problem with your stuff being up here let me know and I will remove it




Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Metro Waste





The godfathers of Memphis hardcore/punk, originally known as No Name,  Metro Waste had a lot of great songs about serial killers, neo-hippies and acid trips at FRED'S.  This band was around in the mid 80s and faded away around the early 90s (I believe). Metro Waste had a lot of different line-ups and a lot of unreleased recorded material (which I will post more of in the future). Hedgecreep usually cover's "Raw Sewage" anytime they play and I had heard that Angerhead  sung the song. The band will also be in the upcoming documentary about the famous Antenna Club as well so be on the look out for that. This demo has 4 songs on it...not real clear on the line-up, but this does have Angerhead singing. This was recorded (according to Uncle Roy) around 86 or 87. For those of you who have never heard Metro Waste you are in for a treat. For those of you who have I know you will enjoy reliving those times.

1. Skullcrusher
2. Gacy's Theme
3. Psycho Squad
4. Time Traveller

 Metro Waste



2 comments:

  1. Dude, you ripped my photo. Please give me some credit here. Jay Seier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay Drier,thank you for this only known photo of Metro Waste! I was engaged to Angerhead �� ☠️��. He passed away 3 years ago yest.

    ReplyDelete